2014 IP Champions
Thank you for joining us for the 2014 IP Champions Conference and Awards!
In case you missed out on the fun, enjoy the webcast of the full event here:
2014 IP Champions Award Recipients:
- David Lowery, Musician and Lecturer, Terry College of Business University of Georgia, for his effort to educate students about the important value of copyrights
- Mark Cohen, Senior Counsel, U.S. Commerce Department, Patent and Trademark Office, for his dedication to improve U.S.-China relations on IP.
- U.Va. Innovation, University of Virginia, for their work in bridging the gap from innovation and entrepreneurship, with examples like scientist Reza Monazam who developed a technology which mitigates temperatures emitted by our electronics, causing them to operate cooler, more efficiently, and in a less costly manner.
- Robauto, INC, for the innovative and cutting edge technology to treat autism through robots.
- “Be Safe. Buy Smart.” a consumer awareness campaign by The Center for Safe Internet Pharmacies, to arm individuals with information to ensure safe medicine purchases online.
- “Anti-Counterfeit Consumer Awareness Campaign” by Canon U. S. A., for highlighting the danger of counterfeit electronic goods.
- “Counterfeit: Don’t buy into organized crime” by the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime for educating the public on how counterfeit goods are being used to funnel money to more nefarious efforts.
- MycroPC.com case for coordinating across multiple agencies to capture counterfeit software being sold online.
- Operation Team Player, for the successful partnership between law enforcement and private industry, including the major sports leagues, with record breaking results in the seizure of goods and websites.
- Stolen Trade Secret Materials case which prevented a scientist from absconding with over $ 4.7 million in research and development from his former employer to an overseas competitor.
- Baltimore Military Grade Circuits for ending efforts to traffic counterfeit goods including military grade circuits and other defense items.
- Operation Cloud, an operation led by China’s Ministry of Public Security to disrupt the production, distribution, and sale of illicit oncology medicines.