Please contact Scott Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-463-5817.
November 8, 2013
8:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce | Washington, D.C.
While intellectual property is responsible for enhancing our today, the benefits a robust IP system provides in the form of jobs, innovation, safety, and access will indefinitely provide the foundation for building our tomorrow.
The GIPC’s inaugural Global IP Summit will convene the country’s leading associations and policymakers in innovation and intellectual property. The Summit will feature a keynote address from The Honorable Carlos Gutierrez, former Secretary for the U.S. Department of Commerce, a special musical performance by Lee DeWyze ( American Idol season 9 winner) with speakers and panel discussions from thought leaders and emerging innovators including: American Pharmacists Association, Blue Sky Studios, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation, Osiris Shoes, Aventyn, Inc., Sanaria Inc., and Underwriters Laboratories, Inc .,just to name a few!
8:30am Registration & Breakfast
9:15am Welcoming Remarks: Thomas J. Donohue (President and CEO, U.S.
Chamber of Commerce)
- Introduced by: Rick Cotton (Senior Counselor for IP Protection, NBCUniversal and Chairman, Coalition Against Counterfeiting and Piracy)
9:30am Keynote Address: The Honorable Carlos Gutierrez (Former U.S. Secretary of Commerce)
9:50am Panel: IP Drives Innovation
- Brian Keane (Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President, Blue Sky Studios, Inc.)
- Tony Chen (President and CEO, Osiris Shoes)
- Navin Govind (Founder, Aventyn, Inc)
- Moderated by: Rich Bagger (Senior Vice President, Corporate and Strategic Market Access, Celgene)
10:35am Coffee Break
10:45am Congressional Perspective: What’s Next for Congress on IP: The Honorable George Holding (R-NC)
11:15am Panel: IP Delivers Access to Global Solutions
- Stephen L. Hoffman, M.D. (Chief Executive and Scientific Officer, Sanaria Inc.)
- Rob Atkinson (President, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation)
- Denise Dewar (Executive Director, Plant Biotechnology, CropLife International)
- Moderated by: Rufus Yerxa (Former Deputy Director General, World Trade Organization)
12:00pm Networking Break
12:45pm Panel: Patent Litigation Reform Perspectives
- Todd Dickinson (Executive Director, American Intellectual Property Law Association on behalf of the 21st Century Patent Partnership)
- Emery Simon (Counselor, BSA │The Software Alliance)
- Ryan Triplette (Principal, Franklin Square Group on behalf of the Coalition for Patent Fairness)
- Manus Cooney (Partner, American Continental Group on behalf of the Innovation Alliance)
- Michael Beckerman (President and CEO, Internet Association)
- Beth Provezano (Senior Director, Federal Government Relations, National Retail Federation)
- Moderated by: Matt Webb (Senior Vice President, Institute for Legal Reform, U.S. Chamber of Commerce)
1:45pm Video Presentation
2:00pm Government Perspective: The Nexus between IP Theft and International Crime: General Jim Jones (Former National Security Advisor)
- Introduced by: Ann M. Beauchesne (Vice President, National Security & Emergency Preparedness, U.S. Chamber of Commerce)
2:15pm Panel: IP Keeps Consumers Safe
- Terry Brady (Senior Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, Underwriters Laboratories, Inc)
- Jim Owens (Vice President of Practice and Science Affairs, American Pharmacists Association)
- Lev Kubiak (Director, National IPR Center)
- Moderated by: David Hirschmann (President and CEO, Global Intellectual Property Center, U.S. Chamber of Commerce)
3:00pm Closing Remarks
3:05pm Musical Performance: Lee DeWyze (Musician, American Idol Season 9 Winner)
3:20pm Cocktail Reception
For inquires, please contact Lea Wink at LWink@uschamber.com.
Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) @globalIPcenter 21h
ICYMI: @USChamber stands ready to work with Congress to bring inflation under control, confront the threat of crime on American business, rein in regulatory overreach, and ensure America remains competitive and vibrant. https://t.co/Bm2zNdr4Og